How to avoid trouble
When you leave the loo – if you are the object of protest
- • If you are challenged, don't get involved in a conversation or argument. Stay calm, use the facilities, then leave.
- • Whether you have a certificate of gender recognition or not, carry some documentation showing your
acquired gender: (passport is too valuable generally to carry with you)
eg: - driving licence
- AA membership
- a medical certificate from your local GP or other appropriate person or body
- You now have the opportunity to get a certificate of gender recognition. (See www.pfc.org.uk or the Gender Recognition Panel’s own site at www.grp.gov.uk/.) This can help sort things out.
- Carry your mobile, be prepared to phone 999 or 112.