Previous Aims and Objectives
This document is now superseded
To work together to increase the confidence of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) communities in the police, by taking positive action to address local issues of concern, by:
- Seeking to reduce hate crime against the LGBT community, and the attitudes that support it (sometimes called 'homophobia' and 'transphobia')
- Providing a forum to consult and agree action over concerns
- Exchanging information and advice
- Providing support to police officers dealing with LGBT policing issues
- Providing a safe environment for members of the LGBT community to meet for the reporting of crime and other relevant LGBT issues
- Identifying and adopting best practice
- Assisting police with community impact assessments
AURORA seeks to be a group that is complementary to the Croydon Community Police Consultative Committee (CCPCC)*, working pragmatically on issues of concern to the LGBT communities, and it may refer issues on to the CCPCC.
* The Croydon Community Police Consultative Committee (CCPCC) is changing its name to the Croydon Community Police Consultative Group (CCPCG).